C3406 - Certificate III in Clothing and Textile Production (Clothing Production)
Plan: C3406 - Certificate III in Clothing and Textile Production (Clothing Production)
Campus: Brunswick Campus
Program delivery and structureApproach to learning and assessment
Work integrated learning
Approach to learning and assessment
Information relating to Covid
Please note that this program’s courses (whether core, option, or university elective courses) may have mandatory in-person attendance or assessment to pass the course.
If you are choosing to enrol in a course which has mandatory in-person attendance or assessment, you will need to comply with RMIT vaccination requirements which are applicable during the duration of the course. This RMIT requirement includes being vaccinated against COVID-19 or holding a valid medical exemption.
Please read this RMIT Enrolment Procedure as it has important information regarding COVID vaccination and your study at RMIT: https://policies.rmit.edu.au/document/view.php?id=209.
Please read the Student website for additional requirements of in-person attendance: https://www.rmit.edu.au/covid/coming-to-campus
About the Course
The approach to learning and assessment for this program will include both supervised and non-supervised forms of training delivery. Supervised training is teacher directed learning and assessment activities. This may include:
- Work placements which are mandatory requirements of assessment if required.
- Face-to-face learning e.g. scheduled classesAssessment tasks.
- Directed practice and completion of projects in own time to bring skills up to a competent level
- Directed online learning using CANVAS
- Structured online learning activities where there is real time access to your teachers e.g. teacher led discussions and online activities.
The volume of learning in this program are: 1220 hours . These include supervised hours and independentlearning hours. Independent learning includes:
- Study activities such as private study, research, reading, practical and/or theoretical practice, discipline paractice, tests or assessments.
- Work placements which are not directly linked to an assessment of course competencies.
- Practice and completion of teacher directed projects and selection and completion of manufacture articles in own time to bring skills up to a competent level
- Use of online CANVAS resources to support learning and research knowledge, skills and techniques demonstrated in class.
This qualification will be delivered and assessed in the workplace or in the production rooms at RMIT's Brunswick Campus.Top of page
Work integrated learning
RMIT University is committed to providing you with an education that strongly links formal learning with workplace experience.
As a student enrolled in this RMIT University program you will:
- undertake and be assessed on structured activities that allow you to learn, apply and demonstrate your professional or vocational practice;
- where necessary interact with industry and community when undertaking these activities;
- complete these activities in real work contexts or situations; and in addition
- these interactions and the work contexts provide distinctive sources of feedback to you to assist your learning.
Any or all of these aspects of a Work Integrated learning (WIL) experience may be simulated.
If you are working, particularly in a job which is related to your studies, you will also be learning while at work and may have the opportunity to be assessed in your workplace for some or all of your courses. Feedback from work supervisors and others in the workplace can be used as evidence of competency, and an RMIT University assessor can visit your workplace to observe your workTop of page
|This qualification requires the completion of 19 units - 5 core units and 14 elective units.|
|C3406 Core Units - Select ALL Five (5) Courses|
|C3406 Group B Elective Units - Select ALL Six (6) Courses|
|C3406 Group C General Elective Units - Select ALL Six (6) Courses|
|C3406 Other Elective Units - Select ALL Two (2) Courses|
[Previous: Learning outcomes]