DR205 - PhD (Business)
Plan: DR205VRI - Doctor of Philosophy
Campus: RMIT University Vietnam
Purpose of the Program
Award title: Doctor of Philosophy
Award abbreviation: PhD
Duration: 3-4 years full-time, 6-8 years part-time
Location: RMIT University Vietnam
Owning school: Graduate School of Business and Law (660H)
Owning school URL: www.rmit.edu.au/gradbuslaw
ASCED code: 080301
Purpose of the Program
The Doctor of Philosophy in Business develops advanced research skills that will prepare you for a career in academia and other settings in which systematic and critical analytical skills are required.
Individually supervised research programs are available in the following areas of research focus:
- business ethics,
- strategy & leadership,
- organisational change,
- computer law,
- corporate governance,
- corporate regulation.
The Doctor of Philosophy may be undertaken in a project, thesis by publication or thesis mode. Prospective candidates should discuss these modes of submission with their potential supervisor/s prior to application.
Upon graduation with a Doctor of Philosophy from RMIT University you will have developed:
- high level skills in research processes, including the ability to independently design a research project, conduct experiments and analyse data from a research project
- advanced skills in the analysis and synthesis of knowledge related to specific disciplines, and
- high level communication skills.
You will be able to pursue an academic career in a university or be employed in senior leadership and management positions in government, non-government organisations and corporations.
Top of page
Applicants for doctor of philosophy programs must have completed one of the following from a recognised higher education institution:
- a masters by research degree or,
- a masters by coursework degree which includes research courses or a research project with a duration of at least 25% of a full-time (or equivalent part-time) academic year and an overall distinction average or,
- a four year bachelor honours degree (with a minimum H2A achieved across the four years) or,
- a three year bachelor degree and a one year bachelor honours degree program (with a minimum H2A achieved in the honours year) or
- another award deemed to be equivalent in character and standard to the above degrees.
Alternatively applicants may:
- provide evidence of appropriate academic qualifications and experience that satisfies the Dean of the School of Graduate Research or nominee that the applicant has developed knowledge of the field of study or cognate field and the potential for research sufficient to undertake the proposed program or,
- have current candidature for an RMIT master by research program approved for transfer to a doctor of philosophy program through the process prescribed in the RMIT Higher Degree by Research policies and procedures.
For information on international qualifications and corresponding entry requirements that are equivalent to Australian academic entry requirements, see the Country equivalents webpage.
English Language Requirements
A minimum IELTS (academic module) overall score of 6.5, with no band below 6.0; or equivalent. For equivalents to English entry requirements, see the English equivalents webpage.
These entrance requirements are the minimum academic standard you must meet in order to be eligible to apply for the program. You will need to complete a selection task as part of your application. See the Postgraduate Research Admission Application Form for more details.Top of page
[Next: Learning outcomes]