GC119 - Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting
Plan: GC119 - Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting
Campus: City Campus
Program Learning Outcomes Statement
On completion of this program you will have developed the capabilities to work as an accountant is a range of diverse organisations. You will further develop the skills and knowledge from your undergraduate studies throughout this program.
Your knowledge and skills to apply technical accounting and theories to accounting problems and make logical judgements will be developed through the study of a broad range of business disciplines and a specialised accounting major. You will develop your knowledge, application, judgment and communication in the accounting discipline within a broad business context. Upon successful completion of this program you will be able to :
- Integrate theoretical and technical accounting knowledge which includes a selection of auditing and assurance, finance, economics, quantitative methods, information systems, commercial law, corporation law and taxation law.
- Exercise judgement under supervision to solve routine and complex accounting problems in a number of diverse contexts using social, ethical, economic, regulatory and global perspectives.
- Critically apply theoretical and technical accounting knowledge and skills to solve routine and complex accounting problems in a number of diverse contexts.
- Justify and communicate accounting advice and ideas in a number of diverse collaborative contexts involving both accountants and non-accountants.
- Seek constructive feedback and reflect on performance to identify and action learning opportunities and self-improvements and initiate this process for others.
[Previous: Overview] [Next: Program delivery and structure]