GC202 - Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Engineering
Plan: GC202 - Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Engineering
Campus: City Campus
Program Learning Outcomes Statement
Upon completion of this certificate you will have achieved the following program learning outcomes. Each of these program learning outcomes is developed in much greater depth in the Master of Engineering (Sustainable Energy) program.
Program Learning Outcomes:
1. Needs, Context and Systems
- Describe, investigate and analyse engineering systems and associated issues (using systems thinking and modelling techniques).
- Identify and assess risks (including OH&S) as well as the economic, social and environmental impacts of engineering activities.
2. Problem Solving and Design
- Implement creative and innovative solutions to engineering problems.
- Comprehend and apply theory-based understanding of engineering fundamentals and specialist bodies of knowledge in the selected discipline area to predict the effect of engineering activities.
- Apply underpinning natural, physical and engineering sciences, mathematics, statistics, computer and information sciences.
4. Professional Practice
- Apply systematic approaches to solve engineering problems.
- Communicate in a variety of different ways to collaborate with other people, including accurate listening, reading and comprehension, based on dialogue when appropriate, considering the knowledge, expectations, requirements, interests, terminology and language of the intended audience
- Demonstrate effective team membership and team leadership
Top of page
[Previous: Overview] [Next: Program delivery and structure]