MR019 - Master of Arts
Plan: MR019 - Master of Arts
Campus: Bundoora Campus
Objectives of the program
Award title: Master of Arts
Award abbreviation: MA
Duration: 2 years full-time, 4 years part-time
Location: Bundoora Campus
Owning school: Education (360H)
Owning school URL: www.rmit.edu.au/education
ASCED code: 070303
CRICOS code: 069380B
Objectives of the program
A Master of Arts in Education is nationally and internationally recognised. Upon graduation with a Master of Arts in Education from RMIT University in the School of Education you will have developed:
- high level skills in research processes,
- analysis and synthesis of knowledge related to specific investigative fields of education, and
- high level communication skills.
A MA in education from the School of Education will provide you with a foundation for further studies into a PhD, the capability for employment in tertiary institutions, and senior leadership and management positions in a variety of education environments.
At RMIT University you are able to undertake this MA in education by project or by traditional thesis.
If you choose to undertake your MA by project, your final submission would involve the combination of an exegesis (thesis) and a product, for example a website, policy documents or curriculum resources. Some key characteristics of this mode could include industry partnership, collaboration, research linked to action, positive change for the organisation and individual, and action learning/action research approaches within a project framework.
Contact and discussion with the Deputy Head, Research and Innovation, will assist you in choosing your preferred mode of MA study.Top of page
As an applicant for the Master of Arts in Education you must have:
- Qualified for a first degree from RMIT with at least a credit average in the final undergraduate year; or
- Qualified for another recognised award deemed to be equivalent in character and standard to a first degree from RMIT with at least a credit average in the final undergraduate year; or
- Produced evidence of appropriate experience which satisfies the College/School that you have developed knowledge of the field of study sufficient to undertake the proposed program.
International onshore applicants will also be required to meet the following English Language Requirements:
- IELTS - 7.0+ (no band less than 6.5) OR
- TOEFL - Paper based = 600+ (TWE 5.0+) OR
- TOEFL - Computer based = 250+ (TWE 5.0+)
*Please refer to http://www.rmit.edu.au/programs/apply/international/englishequivalent for further information.
These entrance requirements are the minimum academic standard you must meet in order to be eligible to apply for the program.Top of page
[Next: Learning outcomes]