MR203 - Master of Business (Economics, Finance & Marketing)
Plan: MR203 - Master of Business
Campus: City Campus
Purpose of the Program
Award title: Master of Business
Award abbreviation: MBus
Duration: 2 years full-time, 4 years part-time
Location: RMIT City Campus
Owning school: Economics, Finance and Marketing (625H)
Owning school URL: www.rmit.edu.au/ecofinancemarketing
ASCED code: 081101
CRICOS code: 079679M
Purpose of the Program
The Master of Business in Economics, Finance and Marketing degree develops advanced research principles and methods and mastery of a body of knowledge in the business disciplines.
Upon graduation with a Master of Business in Economics, Finance and Marketing degree from RMIT University you will have developed:
- high level skills in research processes,
- the ability to analyse and synthesise knowledge related to specific disciplines, and
- high level communication skills.
A Master of Business in Economics, Finance and Marketing degree will provide you with a foundation for further studies into a PhD and employment in senior leadership and management positions in a variety of government, non-government and corporate environments.
Individually supervised research programs are available in the following areas of research focus:
- Economics: empirical microeconomics, innovation economics, development economics, health economics, cultural economics, applied economic modeling and corporate governance/social responsibility.
- Finance: capital markets & financial institutions, financial instruments, international finance and macroeconomics.
- Marketing: branding, product innovation, social marketing, electronic marketing, services marketing, macro marketing, integrated marketing communications, sponsorship, business-to-business marketing, consumer behaviour, buyer behaviour, word of mouth, customer relationship management and service quality.
The Master of Business may be undertaken in a project or thesis mode. This decision is made in consultation with your supervisor.Top of page
Applicants for masters by research programs must have completed one of the following from a recognised higher education institution:
- a four year bachelor degree with at least a credit average in the final undergraduate year;
- another recognised award deemed to be equivalent in character and standard to a four year undergraduate degree, with at least a credit average in the final undergraduate year.
Alternatively applicants may provide evidence of appropriate academic qualifications and experience that satisfies the Dean of the School of Graduate Research or nominee that the applicant has developed knowledge of the field of study or cognate field and the potential for research sufficient to undertake the proposed program.
For information on international qualifications and corresponding entry requirements that are equivalent to Australian academic entry requirements, see the Country equivalents webpage.
English Language Requirements
A minimum IELTS (academic module) overall score of 6.5, with no band below 6.0; or equivalent. For equivalents to English entry requirements, see the English equivalents webpage (unresolved).
These entrance requirements are the minimum academic standard you must meet in order to be eligible to apply for the program. You will need to complete a selection task as part of your application. See the Postgraduate Research Admission Application Form for more details.
Top of page
[Next: Learning outcomes]