MR205 - Master of Business (Business & Law)
Plan: MR205 - Master of Business
Campus: City Campus
Purpose of the Program
Award title: Master of Business
Award abbreviation: MBus
Duration: 2 years full-time, 4 years part-time
Location: RMIT City Campus
Owning school: Graduate School of Business and Law (660H)
Owning school URL: www.rmit.edu.au/gradbuslaw
ASCED code: 080301
CRICOS code: 079686A
Purpose of the Program
The Master of Business in Business and Law degree develops advanced research principles and methods and mastery of a body of knowledge in the business disciplines.
Upon graduation with a Master of Business in Business and Law degree from RMIT University you will have developed:
- high level skills in research processes,
- the ability to analyse and synthesise knowledge related to specific disciplines, and
- high level communication skills
A Master of Business degree will provide you with a foundation for further studies into a PhD and employment in senior leadership and management positions in a variety of government, non-government and corporate environments.
Individually supervised research programs are available in the following areas of research focus:
- business ethics,
- strategy & leadership,
- organisational change,
- computer law,
- corporate governance,
- corporate regulation,
- corporation law,
- computer & privacy law,
- commercial law and
- tax law
The minimum requirements for admission to a master by research program are:
- a bachelor degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant discipline awarded with honours. The degree should include a research component comprised of a thesis, other research projects or research methodology courses that constitute at least 25% of a full-time academic year (or part-time equivalent). The applicant must have achieved at least a credit average in the final year; or
- evidence of appropriate academic qualifications and/or experience that satisfies the Associate Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research Training and Development or nominee that the applicant has developed knowledge of the field of study or cognate field and the potential for research sufficient to undertake the proposed program.
At RMIT a grade of credit represents academic achievement of 60% or higher.
English Language Requirements
A minimum IELTS (academic module) overall score of 6.5; or equivalent. For equivalents to English entry requirements, see the English equivalents webpage.
Further information and application process
For further information on the steps you need to take to apply for a research program see How to apply – Research programs webpage.Top of page
[Next: Learning outcomes]