MR214 - Master of Technology (Fashion & Textiles)
Plan: MR214 - Master of Technology
Campus: Brunswick Campus
Purpose of the Program
Award title: Master of Technology
Award abbreviation: MTech
Duration: 2 years full-time, 4 years part-time
Location: RMIT City Campus
Owning school: Fashion & Textiles (350H)
Owning school URL: www.rmit.edu.au/fashiontextiles
ASCED code: 100503
CRICOS code: 079695M
Purpose of the Program
Upon graduation with a Master of Technology in Textiles degree from RMIT University you will have developed:
- high level skills in research processes,
- the ability to solve complex problems and provide high-level, strategic and research-based advice in a variety of settings.
- the ability to analyse and synthesise knowledge related to specific disciplines, and
- high level communication skills
You will be able to apply an advanced body of knowledge in a range of stimulating, real-life research contexts. A Master of Technology degree will provide you with a foundation for further studies into a PhD and employment in senior leadership and management research-based positions in a variety of government, non-government and corporate environments.
Individually supervised research programs are available in the following areas of research focus:
- advanced materials,
- performance and sports textiles and apparel,
- forensic textiles,
- health and well-being
Applicants for masters by research programs must have completed one of the following from a recognised higher education institution:
- a four year bachelor degree with at least a credit average in the final undergraduate year;
- another recognised award deemed to be equivalent in character and standard to a four year undergraduate degree, with at least a credit average in the final undergraduate year.
Alternatively applicants may provide evidence of appropriate academic qualifications and experience that satisfies the Dean of the School of Graduate Research or nominee that the applicant has developed knowledge of the field of study or cognate field and the potential for research sufficient to undertake the proposed program.
For information on international qualifications and corresponding entry requirements that are equivalent to Australian academic entry requirements, see the Country equivalents webpage.
English Language Requirements
A minimum IELTS (academic module) overall score of 6.5, with no band below 6.0; or equivalent. For equivalents to English entry requirements, see the English equivalents webpage (unresolved).
These entrance requirements are the minimum academic standard you must meet in order to be eligible to apply for the program. You will need to complete a selection task as part of your application. See the Postgraduate Research Admission Application Form for more details.
Top of page
[Next: Learning outcomes]