Indigenous Book Grant
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander student starting full-time study in a certificate IV, diploma, degree or postgraduate by coursework program, this grant could provide you with financial assistance to purchase books.
Value and duration
The grant provides up to $500 for books and study materials.
To be eligible for this grant you must:
- be an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- be starting full-time study in a certificate IV, diploma, degree or postgraduate by coursework program at RMIT in 2018
- attend the Gama-dji Orientation Program in your starting semester.
How to apply
- Email the Ngarara Willim Centre to express your interest in attending the Gama-dji Orientation Program.
- You will be asked to provide proof of your Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent.
Applications open Thursday 1 June 2017.
Applications close 4pm, Friday 7 July 2017.
Terms and conditions
- Proof of Aboriginality or Torres Strait Islander descent must be provided to the Ngarara Willim Centre for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
- This grant is only available in the first year of your studies at RMIT.
- Mandatory attendance at the Gama-dji Orientation Program.
The Gama-dji Orientation Program is hosted by the Ngarara Willim Centre. It provides commencing students an opportunity to meet and network with other students, find out what services are on offer at RMIT, gain valuable study and academic skills for their year ahead and explore their culture.
Ngarara Willim Centre for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
Phone: (03) 9925 4885