RMIT Indigenous Study Support Scholarship
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander student enrolled full-time in a certificate IV, diploma, degree or postgraduate by coursework program in 2018, this scholarship could provide financial assistance.
Value and duration
The scholarships provides up to $2500 per annum for the standard duration of your program.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- be an Australian citizen
- be enrolled full-time in the standard semester 1 and 2 in 2018 in a certificate IV, diploma, degree or postgraduate by coursework program (or part-time with exceptional circumstances)
- be enrolled in a program with a duration of at least one standard semester
- not have previously completed the same level of program or higher, e.g. if you plan to study a Bachelor of Architectural Design, you should not have previously completed another Bachelor degree
- register with the Ngarara Willim Centre and provide proof of your Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent by the application close date.
If you are a certificate IV or diploma student you must:
- have a government-subsidised place
- not be enrolled in an apprenticeship or traineeship program.
If you are a degree or honours student you must:
- have a Commonwealth-supported place.
Note: if you have already been enrolled at RMIT for the minimum number of credit points or years to graduate (standard full-time duration) you are ineligible to apply for this scholarship.
How to apply
To be considered for this scholarship applicants must apply for the RMIT Study Support Scholarship.
Applications now open. Please refer to the RMIT Study Support Scholarship webpage to apply.
Applications close 11:59PM Sunday 19 November 2017. No late applications will be accepted.
Terms and conditions
View the Coursework Scholarships Office's Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 96kb, 11p)
This scholarship is paid as a stipend (in fortnightly payments) and not as a lump sum. It is impractical to expect to use this scholarship to pay tuition fees.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student email account by 31 March 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted. If you have not received an offer by 31 March 2018, your application has been unsuccessful.