The RMIT Learning Lab is an online resource to provide students and staff with resources to assist with academic study, writing and maths skills.
The Learning Lab: Study support is just a click away
The Learning Lab is easy to use and has been designed so that students can find the support they need quickly and efficiently. Staff can direct their students to the Learning Lab for learning support in their studies, or provide links to specific topics from within their Blackboard shell.
A new Staff resources area has been developed and includes interactive tutorials and tip sheets on strategies for dealing with diverse student cohorts and the integration of language and literacies in to the design, delivery and assessment of programs/courses.
Key resources for students include:
- Support for students to make a smooth transition to tertiary learning.
- Improving study skills through effective reading, note taking, and time management.
- Assessment writing, including essays and reports, at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Assistance with general maths, writing, and English skills.
- Customised resources for various discipline areas and assessment tasks such as nursing and law.
- Online services for students to receive assignment feedback using the Smarthinking Writing Centre.