International Delegations and Visits
The Global Relations Office coordinates high-level international delegations and official visits.
Receiving international guests is a key element of RMIT’s broader partnership management framework. However, because of the high number of visit requests, a selective approach is necessary. Requests will be judged against the university’s strategic objectives and the availability of our senior leadership.
The Global Relations Office only manages visits that are approved by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor International and Vice-President. These types of visits typically involve members of RMIT’s senior executive. Examples may include:
- Senior representative(s) (e.g. Vice-Chancellor/President) of an international institution
- Senior public servants representing foreign governments
- Diplomatic or political visits
The Global Relations Office must be informed of any potential visit by a Vice-Chancellor, diplomatic representative, senior public servant (e.g. Minister) to ensure that appropriate protocols are followed.
- Seek advice from your Dean/Head of School, International representative or Deputy Pro Vice-Chancellor International.
- Submit your visit request via the online International Visit Request Form.
- The Global Relations Office will undertake due diligence and notify you of the decision in 5 working days. If your request is rejected, support may be offered by the respective School, College or business unit.
Support and coordination
The Global Relations Office provides assistance with a range of visit-related activities, including:
- Liaising with the external party
- Drafting letters of invitation (if required)
- Preparing a program and briefing note
- Inviting internal attendees, including liaising with Chancellery and the Vice-Chancellor’s Executive
- Providing guidance on intercultural communication, protocol (for dignitaries) and gifts
- Liaising with University Events and Venues for room bookings and catering
- Coordination with RMIT Vietnam and RMIT Europe
For general enquires: email@example.com