17 July 2015
Dance first, think later
Find out for yourself if dance is the hidden language of the soul!
With Link Arts & Culture hosting free dances classes on City campus, why not lose yourself to dance?!
Dance has always been a part of human culture, rituals and celebrations. Today, most dancing is about recreation and self-expression. It’s been said that every time you dance, you turn into a better version of yourself. How you ask? Well, dancing is a way to stay fit and anyone of all ages, shape and sizes can pretty much partake. It has a wide range of physical and mental benefits including;
- increased aerobic fitness
- improved muscle tone and strength
- stronger bones and reduced risk of osteoporosis
- better coordination, agility and flexibility
- improved balance and spatial awareness
- increased physical confidence
- improved mental functioning
- improved general and psychological wellbeing
- greater self-confidence and self-esteem
- better social skills.
Whether you’re a novice or have some moves already tucked away, our teachers are on deck to show you the basics as well as to help you nail those more difficult moves.
With a range of dance styles on offer almost every day of the week (except Wednesday), you can live and breathe dance as much or as little you want throughout semester 2.
For more information, go to Dance classes.
This service is supported by your Student Services and Amenities Fee and is presented by Link Arts & Culture.