RMIT Award for Excellence - Graduate Research Leadership
Nominations are restricted to one category per nominee, however the Research Awards Panel has the discretion to consider any eligible nominations for more than one category of award.
In order to be eligible nominees must:
- Be an academic staff member who has been an HDR supervisor with a continuing or contract position at RMIT, at no less than 0.4 EFT for a minimum of two years at the time of nomination and with a position end date until the end of 2018.
- Be a category 1 registered supervisor currently engaged in supervision, with a supervision record of at least 5 HDR completions.
Previous recipients of an RMIT Award for Excellence – Graduate Research Leadership are not eligible to apply.
Nomination and documentation
This award is open to all staff who meet the eligibility criteria. Staff must be nominated by an RMIT academic staff member (with the nominee’s consent). Nominations must include the following:
- a completed nomination form addressing the selection criteria
- endorsement from the relevant Dean/Head of School
- supporting statement /s as listed in the nomination form
- the nominee’s short CV
In considering nominations, the Awards Panel will consider evidence of:
- initiatives that have enabled a strong and supportive intellectual community for HDR candidates within their academic unit,
- contribution to the development and maintenance of high quality and innovative HDR and/or skill development programs,
- effective support and mentoring for HDR supervisors,
- contributions to the development and strengthening of institutional and local HDR strategy and policy, and
- supporting statements from relevant stakeholders.
Value of the award
The RMIT Award for Excellence – Graduate Research Leadership will comprise:
- A cash prize of $3000, paid into the research account of the awardee, to advance and support their research supervision practice, scholarship and research
- A certificate signed by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (R&I)
- A permanent record of the award on an appropriate webpage (Honour Board) of the University.
- Commemorative Trophy