Melbourne Graduation Parade
Join our time-honoured tradition and celebrate your success with the City of Melbourne.
Each year more than 3,000 RMIT students and staff participate in the parade that promises to be a colourful celebration of students’ success. This year marks the parade’s 10th annual march through Melbourne city centre.
- The parade starts promptly at 10 am Wednesday 17 December.
- Gather at Bowen Street, behind Storey Hall, from 9.30 am.
- Signs will direct you to your college’s area.
- The parade heads down Swanston Street and ends at Federation Square.
What to wear
- Your academic dress, which you collected at one of the Gown and Ticket Collection Days, is a requirement to join the parade.
- Comfortable shoes are essential.
Who can march?
Only graduating students can march in the parade. Friends and family are welcome to walk alongside the parade.
- Keep the parade moving—don’t stop for selfies as we have limited time.
- Flat shoes are you friends, save your heels for Federation Square.