Melbourne Graduation Parade
Join our time-honoured tradition and celebrate your success with the City of Melbourne.
Each year more than 3,000 RMIT students and staff participate in the colourful parade as a celebration of students’ success.
- The parade starts promptly at 10 am Wednesday 14 December.
- Know what college you're in!
- Gather in your college areas from 9.15 am
- College of Science Engineering and Health: Bowen Street, behind Storey Hall
- College of Business: University Way
- College of Design and Social Context: Alumni Courtyard
- Signs will direct you to your college’s area
The parade heads down Swanston Street and ends at Federation Square.
Who can march?
Only graduating students can march in the parade. Friends and family are welcome to walk alongside the parade. Tickets are not required.
- Follow the instructions of Police and Traffic Marshals
- Keep the parade moving—don’t stop for selfies as we have limited time
- On reaching Federation Square, grab a snack and water and keep moving up into the main square
- Flat shoes are your friends.
Register to march in the parade
- If you are attending the Melbourne Graduation Ceremony you can register for the parade when you confirm your attendance at the ceremony.
Register to volunteer at the Parade
We need help from those who aren’t graduating to help make the parade safe, fun and successful! Volunteers must be students or staff of RMIT.
Time: 8.00am – 12.00noon
You may be a flag bearer during the parade, a marshal, or handing out water and snacks at Federation Square.
Staff and students can register via Graduation Parade Volunteers.
Watch the action