Vocational Education teaching staff leave instruction
This instruction outlines the Vocational Education teaching staff leave entitlements for Vocational Education staff members in accordance with the applicable awards.
This instruction applies to fixed term and continuing Vocational Education teaching staff, level 1-5.
The following staff members are excluded from this instruction:
- Senior executive staff
- Professional staff
- Security staff
- Child care staff
- Casual staff members
- Vocational Education Head of School
- Senior educator Level 1-3
Instruction steps and actions
In addition to 20 days annual leave, RMIT Vocational Education teaching staff level 1-5 are granted 10 days of Vocational Education teaching staff leave per calendar year.
The granting of this additional leave is subject to the following principles:
- The leave will be granted on a pro rata basis for any period of service which is less than 12 calendar months.
- The RMIT Vocational Education Teaching staff leave will be taken at a mutually agreeable time having regard to the operation of the University, provided that a request for leave will not be unreasonably refused.
- The RMIT Vocational Education Teaching staff leave will be utilised during the calendar year in which it is credited and will be non cumulative. Any untaken leave will lapse at the end of January of the following year.
- The RMIT Vocational Education Teaching staff leave will not form part of any termination payments upon termination of employment.
- Vocational Education teaching staff will use their Vocational Education teaching staff leave for the University close down periods over Christmas and Easter Tuesday.
- Vocational Education teachers leave will be automatically loaded into SAP for the close down periods over Christmas and Easter Tuesday for all staff entitled to the leave.
- The use of the remaining days Vocational Education teaching staff leave is optional. An application for Vocational Education teaching staff leave needs to be submitted via ESS prior to commencing leave