Support for learning and teaching spaces
Guides and university contacts to assist staff with the effective use of learning and teaching spaces and their technologies.
Property Services hosts Property Central, a web portal system that is a user-friendly repository of all onshore RMIT campus building plans and detailed facilities information.
Good practice guides
- New learning spaces: library subject guide - this guide provides a range of professional development information, teaching tips, videos, learning activities, and templates to support the effective use of spaces.
- Guiding principles for teaching: Learning space and technology - DSC have compiled a set of guiding principles for leading tertiary educational practice with the aim of enhancing the overall student learning experience.
Swanston Academic Building (SAB)
Resources developed by the College of Business to assist staff in making the transition to the pedagogical approaches afforded by the spaces in SAB
- Learning and teaching spaces
- Quick guides - Room specific details covering features and technology of teaching spaces
- Video resources - Video vignettes of academic and teaching staff who use collaborative learning spaces.
- Learning spaces in the SAB - This video series is designed to support staff who are looking for information about learning spaces in the SAB.
Teaching with technology
Resources and guides to assist with the use of teaching technologies available in learning and teaching spaces.
- Collaboration on Wheels (COW)
- Collaborative Software (Tidebreak)
- Lecture capture (Lectopia and Echo)
- Personal response systems (PRS)
ITS have developed training videos to assist with the use of in-room technologies, including the AMX touch screen panel, Lectopia controls, laptop presentations, and lighting.
HR have developed online self-paced training modules to support the use of teaching technologies within learning and teaching spaces.
Customised training is also available from HR, allowing work groups to design and deliver training and development activities that are specific to their needs.
IT services provide support for staff using technology in learning and teaching spaces. For technical support or enquiries, contact the IT service desk.
College academic development and learning and teaching groups can provide assistance to academic and teaching staff in the effective use of learning and teaching spaces: