Executive MBA and MBA Indigenous Scholarship
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander student commencing an Executive MBA or MBA and are committed to Indigenous issues, this scholarship could assist with your study expenses.
Value and duration
$3,000 per semester for full-time study or $1,500 per semester for part-time study (note: part-time scholarships are taxable) up to a maximum of $9000.
- up to a maximum of 192 enrolled credit points (including any credit exemptions) and/or
- up to the standard full-time (3 semesters) or part-time (6 semesters) duration of program.
Number of scholarships available
One per year
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- be an Australian citizen
- be commencing at RMIT in semester 1, 2018 in either the:
- Master of Business Administration (MC192)
- Executive Master of Business Administration (MC162)
- demonstrate a commitment to Indigenous issues
- be passionate about your study and future career
- not have previously completed the same level or program or higher
- not qualify for Abstudy.
- be registered with the Ngarara Willim Centre for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
How to apply
Complete the online application by the close date. Multiple applications will not be considered; only your first application will be assessed.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
Ensure that you have your supporting documentation ready to upload in order to complete your application.
Applications without supporting documentation will not be considered.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. Once you have completed a question online, you cannot go back and modify your response(s). The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how will it assist you to achieve academic success?
- Discuss your commitment to Indigenous issues.
- Discuss any difficult circumstances you have faced that have affected your education.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Applications now open.
Applications close 11:59PM 4 March 2018. No late applications will be accepted.
Terms and conditions
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Condition (PDF 464kb, 30p).
Funded by the School of Graduate Business and Law, the MBA and MBA Executive Indigenous Scholarship has been established to support students achieve their postgraduate educational dreams.
Note: The scholarship is paid after the census date each semester.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student email account by 30 April 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted. If you have not received an offer by 30 April 2018, your application has been unsuccessful.
Ready to Apply?