Examples of theses and dissertations in the Research Repository
The following are an example of PhD theses and dissertations that have been examined and approved for archiving.
When finalising your thesis or dissertation for examination please keep in mind you are not required to use the RMIT logo on the cover page.
College of Business
- Widuri, R 2014, Adoption and use of generalized audit software by Indonesian audit firms, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Accounting, RMIT University.
Business IT and Logistics
- Thanthri Waththage, K 2015, Investigating the enabling role of Web 2.0 technology for interactive e-learning in Australian and Sri Lankan higher education, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Business Information Technology & Logistics, RMIT University.
Economics, Finance and Marketing
- Ha, H 2015, Explaining public support for climate change mitigation policies – a case study of Australia, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Economics, Finance and Marketing,RMIT University.
Graduate School of Business and Law
- Taniman, C 2015, A study of the influence of the professional development and work context of the chief executive officer in Australia, the United States and Hong Kong, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Graduate School of Business and Law, RMIT University.
- Mohamed Yusuf, R 2015, Social inclusion practices of elite universities in Australia and Malaysia: a comparative perspective, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Management, RMIT University.
College of Design and Social Context
Architecture and Design
- Pferdmenges, P 2015, Founding Alive Architecture from drawing to initiating lived space, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Architecture and Design, RMIT University.
- Gutierrez, L 2015, Atlas of MAP office’s territories: landmarks, islands and other liquid landscapes, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Architecture and Design, RMIT University.
- Verhagen, D 2015, Noise, music & perception: towards a functional understanding of noise composition, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Art, RMIT University.
Note: contains media files. For examination purposes these files were provided to SGR Examinations on a USB and were sent to the examiners.
- Slatter, N 2015, Painting place: picturing experience and feeling in the urban landscape, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Art, RMIT University.
- Lu, Y 2015, Teachers' Mandarin usage in EFL classrooms in two universities in Southeast Mainland China, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Education, RMIT University.
Fashion and Textiles
- Ha, W 2015, Falling against texture: writing as fashion practice, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Fashion and Textiles, RMIT University.
Global, Urban and Social Studies
- Ewins, T 2014, Third roads and third ways in social democracy: reconciling tensions in European Left Debates, 1848–1934, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Global, Urban and Social Studies, RMIT University.
Media and Communication
- Sargeant, B 2015, How Far is Up? the functional properties and aesthetic materiality of children’s storybook applications, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Media and Communication, RMIT University.
Note: For examination purposes the application referred to in the dissertation was provided on iPads to SGR Examinations and were sent to the examiners.
- Bennett, C 2016, Lotjpa Yorta Yorta! Retrieving, reclaiming, and regenerating language and culture through the arts, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Media and Communication, RMIT University
Note: contains a link to vimeo of Dr Bennett’s presentation which her examiners attended.
Property, Construction and Project Management
- Alshanbri, N 2015, Investigating the role of Knowledge Management and Human Resources Management in assisting the employee replacement process: the case of Saudi Arabia’s new localisation program "Nitaqat", Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Property Construction and Project Management, RMIT University.
College of Science, Engineering and Health
- Carnovale, Catherine 2015, Investigating the effect of gold nanoparticle size, shape and surface corona on cellular uptake and toxicity, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Applied Science, RMIT University.
- Knowles, P 2015, Real-Time deep image rendering and order independent transparency, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Computer Science and Information Technology, RMIT University.
- Woodgate, W 2015, In-situ Leaf Area Index estimate uncertainty in forests: supporting Earth Observation product calibration and validation, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Mathematical and Geospatial Sciences, RMIT University.
- Nicholds, B 2015, An engineering approach to risk assessment of project improvement, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, RMIT University.
- Pramanik, B 2015, Biological pre-treatment to enhance low pressure membrane filtration for wastewater reclamation, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Civil, Environmental and Chemical Engineering, RMIT University.
- Gutruf, P 2015, Transforming flexible devices to stretchable oxide-based electronics, photonics, and sensors, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Electrical and Computer Engineering, RMIT University.
Note: due to copyright restrictions the archived thesis includes DOI links to Dr Gutruf’s publications. The examinable copy of Dr Gutruf’s thesis contained the publications in full.
Health and Biomedical sciences
- Hao, X 2015, Development of Chinese medicine headache questionnaire for tension-type headache, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Health Sciences, RMIT University.
- Mandarano, G 2015, Lymph node imaging with magnetic resonance, positron emission tomography and flourescence techniques, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Medical Sciences, RMIT University.