Mr Jeff Hannam
Architecture & Design
+61 3 9925 9785
College of Design and Social Context
Technical Officer, SIAL Sound Safety Officer, SIAL Teaching and Learning representative.
- Master of Architecture, RMIT University, Faculty of Architecture and Design (current)
- Spatial Sound Design and Performance Projection, Stockhausen Foundation for Music, Keurten, Germany 2008
- Graduate Diploma in Dramatic Art, Victorian College of the Arts, 2002
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Applied Chemistry), Queensland University of Technology, 1991
- WasP for The Urban Soundscape Group and Customising Space funded by RMIT University’s Design Research Institute 2008 – 2009
- Research assistant for The Spatial Ensemble, funded by the Australian Research Council 2008 – 2011.
- Poetics, a public arts presentation, funded by RMIT University’s Design Research Institute 2008 – 2009.
- RMIT Postgraduate Scholarship, 2008 – 2012.
- Spatial Sound Design and performance practices, funded by RMIT University’s School Research committee 2008.
Selected papers, reports and presentations
- Poetics, Atmosphere Symposium, Winnipeg Dec 2008, co-authored.
- White Froth, Affective Atlas Symposium, March 2008, co-authored.
- Melbourne’s Urban ElectroacousticSoundscape Systems: A discussion and strategy paper, for The Urban Soundscape Group 2009, co-authored.
- Auditory City: Realising an Auditory Spatial Awareness, 2008, co-authored.
- Melbourne Fringe Festival 2004, Best Design, Uninvited Guest
- 12th International Theatre Festival 2003, Wroclaw, POLAND, Best International performance, Harry’s Christmas
- Melbourne Fringe Festival 2003, Best Performance, Comedy of the Fly
Performances and Production (selected)
- Manifest, North Melbourne Meatmarket, September 2010. Technical management.
- Codex, Elision Ensemble, Kings Place, London July 2010, Sound spatialisation.
- Codex, Elision Ensemble, Sendesaal, Bremen July 2010, Sound spatialisation.
- Kontakte, Oktophonie, Powerhouse, Brisbane April 2009, Sound Projectionist
- Poetics, Okido Centre, Carlton, May 2009, Co-artistic Director, Composer, Sound projectionist.
- Kontakte, Cosmic Pulses, Synthifou, Melbourne Recital Centre, February 2009, Sound Projectionist, Production and technical coordinator.
- Heliocentric, Elision Ensemble, Judith Wright Contemporary Arts Centre, August 2008, Sound projectionist, Software programming.
- White Froth, Marianna Harwick Store, Melbourne, Mar 2008 Melbourne Fashion Festival, Sound Designer, Spatialisation and Software programming.
- Laneways Project, Fulham Place, Melbourne, Oct 2007, Software programming, Production manager
- Pipe Organ Project, Melbourne Town Hall, Melbourne, Sept 2007, Software programmer, Sound designer, Sound Projectionist
- Homage to Ornette, BMW Edge Federation Square, Melbourne, Oct 2007 Melbourne Jazz Fringe Festival, Software programmer, Lead Sound designer, Sound Projectionist
- Know No Cure, Theatre Works, Melbourne Jun 2007, Software programmer, Lead Sound designer, Sound Projectionist
- Spectrum 03, MeatMarket, Melbourne, May 2007, Composer, Production Manager, Software programmer
- Know No Cure, Dramalab, Kuala Lumpur Apr 2007, Software programmer, Sound design
- Stockhausen - Aries, Berio – SequenzaX, Melba Hall, Melbourne, Sept 2006 Software programmer, Lead Sound designer, Sound Projectionist
- Silence and Other Ways, Storey Hall, Melbourne, Apr 2006 Recording, Production Manager
- Pontius Pilate, BMW Edge Federation Square, Melbourne, Mar 2006 Composer, Production Manager, Software programmer
- The Trip, Melbourne International Arts Festival, Spiegel tent, Radio National Aug 2004, Lead Sound Designer, Composer
- The Golden Chain of Homer, Horticultural Hall, Melbourne, Nov 2004. Composer, Production Manager, Software programmer
- Comedy of the fly, Fitzroy dance studio, Melbourne, 2003 Sound Designer, Composer
- Bat Boy The Musical, Chapel off Chapel, Melbourne, Sound Designer, Composer
- Metamorphosis, Grant Street theatre, Melbourne, 2003, Sound Designer, Composer
- Dirty Butterfly, Redstitch theatre, Melbourne, 2003 Sound Designer, Composer
Performance Recordings (selected)
- Pilate, BMW Edge Federation Square, Melbourne, Spectrum 02 2006
- The Golden Chain Of Homer, Horticultural Hall, Melbourne, Spectrum 01 2004
- Wane, Hybrid PBS radio 2004
- Melaney, Sound Out 2003 CD Track 4
- The Trip Radio National Aug 2004, Live Broadcast
- Atrium, Federation Square, Melbourne, Nov 2007, Cages’ Musicircus, composer
- Artplay, Melbourne 2006, Pen Play Paris, sound designer
- Melbourne international Arts Festival, Federation Square 2004, Eavesdrop, recording assistant
- Melbourne Fashion Festival 2004, 45 Downstairs, Still, Sound designer & composer
- Melbourne Fringe Festival 2004, Uninvited Guest, Sound designer & composer