Ngarara Willim Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander student enrolled full-time in a postgraduate by coursework program and are community minded, this scholarship could assist with your study expenses.
Applications now open.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides up to $13,000 for one year.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- be enrolled full-time in a postgraduate by coursework program at RMIT (or studying part-time with exceptional circumstances)
- be able to demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage such as:
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- having a long term medical condition or disability which impacts your study
- experiencing difficult family circumstances
- have/will be relocating from interstate or rural/regional Victoria to study at RMIT
- were born overseas, are from a non-English speaking background and recently migrated to Australia
- are a current or former refugee
- completed your secondary education at a School Network Access Program school
- have at least one year of your program left to complete
- be able to demonstrate participation in your local, indigenous and/or university community
- be passionate about your study and future career
- be registered with the Ngarara Willim Centre for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
How to apply
Complete the online application by the close date.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
Ensure that you have your supporting documentation ready to upload in order to complete your application. Applications without supporting documentation will not be considered.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. Once you have completed a question online, you cannot go back and modify your response(s). The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how will it assist you to achieve academic success?
- Discuss any difficult circumstances you have faced that have had an impact on your education.
- How have you contributed to your university community and/or the Indigenous community during your previous undergraduate study?
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Applications now open.
Applications close Friday 16 March 2018. No late applications will be accepted.
Terms and conditions
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 464kb, 31p).
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student email account. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Ready to Apply?