Get assistance and training
Library staff have the expertise and experience to help you with your research.
Liaison Librarians are subject specialists who can offer advice throughout the research cycle on
- finding relevant resources for your topic, managing your search results and keeping them up-to-date,
- developing your library research skills,
- managing research data, and
- publishing in quality resources and maximizing the impact of your research.
We can discuss your research needs face-to-face, by telephone, email or Skype.
Research skills training for Higher Degree by Research (HDR) candidates
Liaison Librarians contribute subject-specialised library research skills sessions to a number of research methods courses for HDR candidates. Your Liaison Librarian, or supervisor, can advise you about relevant sessions.
We also run workshops for research candidates and supervisors through the School of Graduate Research’s PhD Up! program. They include
- Introducing Library resources and services
- Searching library databases
- How to find theses and learn from them
- Citations: tracking the development and impact of research
- EndNote and Word: cite while you write
- Publishing your research: choosing where to publish
You can also sign-up to attend EndNote for beginners and EndNote ‘Drop-in’ - beyond the basics classes.
The Study and Learning Centre offers HDR candidates individual appointments with a language and learning adviser, who can offer advice on reading and writing skills and thesis development.
The Centre also contributes workshops to the School of Graduate Research’s PhD Up! program and provides videos, tutorials and handouts on research writing and effective reading for postgraduates. Find out more from the Study and Learning Centre's Postgraduate page.