Categories of awards
Staff are eligible for only one individual award in any one year, but may apply as a member of a team in additional categories.
Team applications are encouraged, but all members of the team must meet the eligibility requirements for that category.
Single category awards
- Vice Chancellor’s Distinguished Teaching Award
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education) Award for Good Teaching
The categories of Teaching awards recognise excellence in teaching practice, whether as individuals or teams.
- Category A - Teaching Excellence, Higher Education
- A1 – College of Science, Engineering and Health, Higher Education
- A2 – College of Design and Social Context, Higher Education
- A3 – College of Business, Higher Education
- A4 – RMIT Vietnam, Higher Education
- A5 – Early Career Academic, Higher Education
- A6 – Priority area – High impact strategies for progression, retention and attainment, Higher Education
- Category B – Teaching Excellence, Vocational Education
- B1 – Outstanding Teacher / Trainer of the Year Award, Vocational Education
- B2 – Early Career Teacher / Trainer of the Year Award, Vocational Education
- B3 – Outstanding Training Initiative of the Year Award, Vocational Education
- Category C - Sessional Staff
Awards for a Transformative Student Experience
This category recognise teaching support programs and services that contribute to the quality of student learning and student experiences at RMIT University.
- D – Awards for a Transformative Student Experience
- D1 – Widening Participation
- D2 – Educational Partnerships and Collaborations with Other Organisations
- D3 – The First Year Experience
- D4 – Services Supporting Student Learning
- D5 – Indigenous Education
- D6 – Program Team ensuring Program Quality incorporating online/blended excellence