RMIT University Space Terms and Conditions of Hire

To apply for space at RMIT, you must first agree to our terms and conditions. This is a binding agreement that will hold you fully responsible for the event. Please read these thoroughly before continuing with your application.

The application is to be completed by students wanting to use University spaces, grounds or BBQ areas for any purpose.

Please note some venues/spaces attract a hire fee.

Applications must be submitted a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the event.

Please note the following information for all events

  • If you are intending to sell alcohol please ensure you obtain a liquor license and will have people with RSA (Responsible Serving of Alcohol) certificates present. This certificate MUST be shown to a Venue Hire member Venue Hire Office.
  • If you are preparing/serving food please check Food Safety guidelines and responsibilities on the City of Melbourne’s website
  • No weapons or imitation weapons are to be used without the presence of a fully registered armourer.
  • The University does not condone the use of illicit drugs on its campuses and sites.
  • The Venue/BBQ area should be left the way it was found and all rubbish placed in the bins provided.
  • For additional information on running your event contact the Student Union Activities Officer
  • No parking is available on the city campus – loading and unloading points can be arranged.
  • For large events a site meeting should be arranged with Property Services Venue Hire Office.
  • Bands and Music – amplified music is permitted between 12pm and 2pm only.
  • Bands are not permitted to use inappropriate/offensive language.
  • Security costs may be applicable and will be determined by the Security Manager.

Additional Information for Filming and Photo Shoots

Please fill out the application for space hire (Film) and return the application along with approved attachments to:

Venue Hire Office

Fax: 9925 5087

Please note: Footpaths around the City Campus are managed by the City of Melbourne. Permission must be sought from the City Council if you plan to use the footpaths or any other area of the City for filming purposes.

Return to the Application for Student Use/Hire of University Space.