If you are an industrial design student with a GPA to date of 3.0 or higher and will be in your fourth year of study 2018, this scholarship could provide financial assistance.
Applications now closed.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides $9000 for one year.
Number of scholarships available
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen
- be enrolled full time in the standard semester 1 and 2 in 2018 in your fourth year, in one of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Industrial Design (Honours) (BH104)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering)(Honours)/Bachelor of Industrial Design (Honours) (BH093)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Sustainable Systems Engineering)(Honours)/Bachelor of Industrial Design(Honours) (BH100)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Automotive Engineering)(Honours)/Bachelor Industrial Design (Honours) (BH118)
- have achieved a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher in the first three years of your program
- be able to demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills, creativity, innovation and self-motivation and potential leadership qualities
- demonstrate an affinity for the design industry (which may include work experience).
How to apply
You do not need to apply for this scholarship. All RMIT students enrolled in their fourth year of an Industrial Design (Honours) program in 2018 will be considered. Selection will be based on Grade Point Average (GPA), course results, a demonstrated affinity for the design industry, interpersonal and communication skills, creativity, innovation, self-motivation and potential leadership qualities displayed during your first three years of study.
Terms and conditions
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 378kb, 26p).
The JAYCO Scholarship has been established to support industrial design students in the School of Architecture and Design.
The recipient for this scholarship is selected by the Scholarship’s Selection Committee based on meeting the strict eligibility criteria. No correspondence will be taken into consideration and the Scholarship’s Selection Committee’s decision is final.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student email account. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Students not receiving an email of scholarship offer have been unsuccessful.