17 July 2015
Honda's Great Invention Competition
Could your design be brought to life by Honda?
Honda Australia is running a competition which encourages you to invent a new product that can be powered by Honda engines.
Design and submit a product that meets the following criteria;
- must be Honda powered
- product must not be available for sale prior to 1 July 2015
- product must not infringe any patents
- product must be safe to use
- Product must not be a mobility device (ie scooters, go karts, racing products).
You can enter in one of two categories;
- Non Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) - Individual who does not currently have a Honda OEM account.
- Non Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) – Group (business or school) that does not currently have a Honda OEM account. Eg. University or TAFE class project.
If you enter as an individual, you must be an Australian resident.
If you enter as a corporate or group, you must be operating in Australia.
The winner of the Best Honda Powered Invention under the Individual category will receive;
- a trip to Honda Manufacturing facility in Thailand
- two days Working with Honda Application Engineer to refine product
The winner of the Best Honda Powered Invention under the Group category will receive;
- engine or parts to the value of $3000
- two days working with Honda Application Engineer to refine product
- Competition opens 1 July 2015
- Last day to submit your design 31 January 2016
- Judging will be completed by 28 February 2016
- Award ceremony will be held 31 March 2016
To enter or for more information, go to Best Honda Powered Invention.