United Energy Scholarship
If you will be entering your final year of an electrical engineering degree, have a GPA to date of 2.5 or higher, and are passionate about the energy industry, this scholarship could provide financial assistance and the possibility of a 12-week paid work placement.
This scholarship is not currently taking applications.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides up to $8000. There may also be an opportunity for a 12-week paid work placement with United Energy.
If the quality of applicants is outstanding, the scholarship amount may be shared by two students at $4000 each as decided by United Energy.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- have a Grade Point Average (GPA) to date of 2.5 or higher
- be currently enrolled full-time in your third year in one of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical Engineering) (Honours) (BH075)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) (Honours) (BH073
- OR in your fourth year in one of the following double degree programs:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical Engineering) (Honours)/Bachelor of Business (Management) (BH081)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical Engineering) (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce (BH083)
- if shortlisted, be available for an interview
How to apply
The online application form will be provided here when applications open. Multiple applications will not be considered; only your first application will be assessed. In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. Once you have completed a question online, you cannot go back and modify your response(s).
- Outline your educational progress at RMIT, in particular discuss any achievements or significant academic results you have achieved
- How will this scholarship assist you to achieve your engineering-related academic and professional goals?
- Describe a situation where you demonstrated the following:
- High-level communication
- Interpersonal skills
- Team-building skills
- What skills and strengths can you bring to United Energy?
- What interested you in a work placement, specifically at United Energy?
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Applications now closed.
Applications now closed.
Terms and conditions
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 465kb, 28p).
United Energy (UE) provide safe and reliable energy supply to more than 660,000 customers across south-eastern areas of Melbourne and the Mornington Peninsula.
UE is on a journey to create The Intelligent Utility – a future defined by a strong customer focus, an emphasis on safe and reliable energy supply, and the exploration of new technologies.
The company is committed to attracting and retaining the best people and offer a safe and supportive workplace, with a positive culture to encourage and support the delivery of their business objectives and strategies.
United Energy may also offer work placements to applicants without a scholarship.
Find out more about United Energy.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student email account. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Students not receiving an email of scholarship offer have been unsuccessful.