Wanderlust Photo Competition
Capture exciting moments from your overseas study or work experience and go in the draw to win fantastic prizes!
Please note that the competition is currently closed and will re-open in 2017. Stay tuned for more details!
How do I enter?
This year there are 3 categories in the photo competition.
You can enter more than one category:
Colours of the World
This category is for outbound students who have either completed or are completing an outbound experience program. Submit photos of your travel adventures around the world, capturing the many different colours and exciting things found around the world!
This category is for inbound students who have either completed or are completing an outbound experience program. Submit photos of your interesting student experiences at RMIT Melbourne and around; photos from outside Melbourne will not be submitted into this category.
Social Media Clip
This category is open for any current inbound and outbound students. Upload a short video onto Instagram capturing the buzz and fun of the city that you are in, with the hashtag #RMITpassport. The photo with the most likes at the close of the competition wins, simple!
Deadline: Entries close on Sunday 4 September 2015.
- Overall Winner: (Colours of the World/Quintessential Melbourne): $500 Myer voucher
- Colours of the World: A short course in Contemporary Travel Photography with Cam Cope worth of (valued at $620)
- Quintessential Melbourne: $250 STA travel voucher
- Social Media Clip: Cell Lens Kit, including 5 camera lenses for your phone
Your photos will be judged on:
- Design and composition
- Portrayal of the local culture
- Authenticity, or the 'X factor'
- Social Media Clip, photos will be judged on the number of online votes received.
- Each person may enter up to three photos to the competition. Every submission must include at least one photo with you in it. If you choose to only submit one photo, this means you must be in it.
- Photos must be submitted in high quality resolution. The photos will be printed in A3 size. Minimum width of images is 2000 pixels.
- Photos can be from an exchange, global intensive, RIIERP or overseas work placement undertaken in the second semester of 2014 or any time in 2015.
- You must fill in the online entry form agree to the terms and conditions for your entry to be considered.
- Previous entries to this competition are ineligible for the 2014 competition.
All competition winners and finalists will have their work showcased on RMIT communications channels, including Facebook, Flickr and the RMIT Website.
Winners’ and finalists’ work will also be displayed at RMIT for the Wanderlust 2015 Finalists Exhibition to be held on 15 October! Details of this exhibition will be sent to everyone who enters.
Isabelle Huang, Exchange to Estonian Academy of Arts, Bachelor of Design (Interior Design)
Tiffany Chen, Exchange to Purdue University, USA, Bachelor of Engineering (Aerospace) (Honours)
Taly Elbaum, Exchange Student from Switzerland, Bachelor of Business
Laura Barbante, Bachelor Business (Marketing) (Applied)
Rebecca Sims, Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design)
Matt Jones, B Arts (Photography)
Maria Christine Blackwell, BA Fine Art Mexico
Nicholas Bodanac, Masters of Business by research Medellin, Colombia
Thea Petrass, Arts Photography