Juniper Networks Scholarship
If you are a third year Bachelor of Engineering (Computer and Network Engineering) (Honours) student, have a GPA to date of 2.5 or higher, and are passionate about a career in the industry, this scholarship could provide financial assistance with your study costs.
This scholarship is not currently taking applications.
Value and duration
This scholarship provides $3000 for one year and a paid work placement component.
Note: The Juniper Networks Scholarship is a taxable scholarship as the recipient is expected to undertake paid work with the donor. We recommend that you obtain taxation advice from an accountant or the Australian Tax Office regarding scholarships.
The work placement includes the meaningful and hands-on work involved in typical network design and engineering and testing of the full range of Juniper’s Products.
Number of scholarships available
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- be enrolled full-time in your third year of the Bachelor of Engineering (Computer and Network Engineering) (Honours) program at RMIT
- have a grade point average (GPA) to date of 2.5 or greater in your current program
- not hold another industry scholarship
- be available to work part-time with Juniper Networks
- be available to attend an interview if shortlisted
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- academic achievement
- communication, interpersonal and team-building skills
- a genuine interest in a career in computer and network engineering
How to apply
The online application form will be provided here when applications open. Multiple applications will not be considered; only your first application will be assessed. In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. Once you have completed a question online, you cannot go back and modify your response(s).
- Outline your educational progress at RMIT, in particular discuss any achievements or significant academic results you have achieved
- How will this scholarship assist you to achieve your engineering-related academic and professional goals?
- Describe a situation where you demonstrated the following:
- High-level communication
- Interpersonal skills
- Team-building skills
- What interested you in a work placement, specifically at Juniper Networks?
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Applications now closed.
Applications now closed.
Terms and conditions
Juniper Networks reserves the right to withhold or cease the scholarship at any time with no prior discussion.
View the Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 465kb, 28p)
Juniper Networks believes the network is the single greatest vehicle for knowledge, collaboration, and human advancement that the world has ever known. Now more than ever, the world relies on high-performance networks. And now more than ever, the world needs network innovation to unleash our full potential.
The network plays a central role in addressing the critical challenges we face as a global community. Consider the healthcare industry, where the network is the foundation for new models of mobile affordable care for underserved communities. Or the energy sector, where the network is helping to accelerate the distribution of clean, renewable sources of energy. In education, the network continues to expand access to quality teaching resources, so that people of every socioeconomic background have a chance to educate themselves and participate in the global economy. At its core, the network has become a platform—one that transforms how we interact with our government institutions, conduct business on a daily basis, and connect with our family and friends.
Find out more about Juniper Networks.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student email account. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Students not receiving an email of scholarship offer have been unsuccessful.