If you’re a full-time Bachelor of Fashion (Design) (Honours) student, have outstanding academic results and can demonstrate financial or educational disadvantage, this scholarship could assist with your study costs during your honours year.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides $7000 for one year.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident or a permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be enrolled full-time in the standard semester 1 and 2 in your fourth year of the Bachelor of Fashion (Design) (Honours) (BH103) program in 2018
- were enrolled in Fashion Design Studio 6 in 2017
- be able to demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage such as:
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- having a long term medical condition or disability which impacts your study
- experiencing difficult family circumstances
- have relocated from interstate or rural/regional Victoria to study at RMIT
- were born overseas, are from a non-English speaking background and recently migrated to Australia
- are a current or former refugee
- completed your secondary education at a School Network Access Program school
- be able to demonstrate your commitment and dedication to fashion through successful or improving results in Fashion Design Studio 3, 4, 5, and 6
- be able to show a high level of engagement, progress and potential in Fashion Design Studio 7 and 8 in 2018.
The scholarship will not only be awarded on your academic results in Fashion Design Studio 3, 4, 5 and 6 but also your demonstrated potential for future practice.
How to apply
Complete the online application by the close date. Multiple applications will not be considered; only your first application will be assessed.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
Ensure that you have your supporting documentation ready to upload in order to complete your application. Applications without supporting documentation will not be considered.
Please refer to the Supporting Documentation – Financial and Educational Disadvantage Guide (PDF 240kb, 3p) which outlines acceptable forms of supporting documentation.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Applications now open.
Applications close 11:59PM Sunday 19 November 2017. No late applications will be accepted.
Terms and conditions
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 464kb, 30p).
Ron Elms (left) and Neil McGrath designers and principals of Grathelms Couture.
This scholarship is made possible by a generous donation from Neil McGrath and Ron Elms, designers and principals of Grathelms Couture, established in Melbourne in 1966.
Over many decades, Grathelms designed for many notable clients in both Australia and overseas. The Grathelms scholarship is given for one purpose – to foster and assist oncoming talent and to provide encouragement and reward.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student email account by 31 March 2018.Only successful candidates will be contacted. If you have not received an offer letter by 31 March 2018, your application has been unsuccessful.