Ernest William Capp Scholarship
If you are enrolled full-time in a diploma or degree program at RMIT in 2018 and can demonstrate financial and educational disadvantage, this scholarship can provide you with financial assistance.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides up to $1000 as a one-off payment.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- be enrolled full-time at RMIT in the standard semester 1 and 2 in a diploma or degree program in 2018
- be able to demonstrate financial disadvantage such as:
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- be able to demonstrate educational disadvantage such as:
- having a long term medical condition or disability which impacts your study
- experiencing difficult family circumstances
- have relocated/will be relocating from interstate or rural/regional Victoria to study at RMIT
- were born overseas, are from a non-English speaking background and recently migrated to Australia
- are a current or former refugee
- completed your secondary education at a School Network Access Program school.
- be able to demonstrate outstanding potential and ambition, academic or otherwise
- have at least one year of your program left to complete
- not have completed the same level of program or higher, e.g. if you plan to study a Bachelor of Architectural Design, you should not have previously completed another bachelor degree.
Postgraduate students are ineligible for this scholarship.
How to apply
To be considered for this scholarship applicants must apply for the RMIT Study Support Scholarship.
Eligible Study Support Scholarship applicants will also be considered for the Ernest William Capp Scholarship.
Applications now open. Please refer to the RMIT Study Support Scholarship webpage to apply.
Applications close 11:59PM Sunday 19 November 2017. No late applications will be accepted.
Terms and conditions
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Condition (PDF 464kb, 30p).
The Ernest William Capp Scholarship is made available by the generous bequest of the late Ernest William Capp. The Scholarship is designed to assist the education of students who have financial and educational disadvantages and who demonstrate the will to succeed.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student email account by 31 March 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted. If you have not received an offer by 31 March 2018, your application has been unsuccessful.