Jacques Nasser Rural and Regional Scholarship
If you are a full-time Bachelor of Business student who has relocated from a rural/regional area to study at RMIT, this scholarship could provide financial assistance for the duration of your program.
Not currently taking applications.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides $10,000 per year, for the standard duration of your program.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or a permanent humanitarian visa holder.
- be enrolled full-time in a Bachelor of Business program
- have relocated from a rural/regional area to study at RMIT
- have a Grade Point Average (GPA) to date of 2.5 or higher.
How to apply
The link to the online application form will be available here once applications open.
Multiple applications will not be considered; only your first application will be assessed. In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
Ensure that you have your supporting documentation ready to upload in order to complete your application. Applications without supporting documentation will not be considered.
Please refer to the Supporting Documentation – Financial and Educational Disadvantage Guide (PDF, 218kb, 2 pgs) which outlines acceptable forms of supporting documentation.
You will need:
- Proof of your rural/regional address (i.e. a copy of your driver’s license, a bank statement, a Health Care Card)
- Proof of your Melbourne address (i.e. a copy of a rental agreement, utility bill)
- A copy of your valid Health Care Card or most recent Centrelink income statement (if applicable)
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. Once you have completed a question online, you cannot go back and modify your response(s). The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how will it assist you to achieve academic success?
- Discuss any difficult circumstances you have faced that have affected your education.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
It is anticipated that the next offering of this scholarship will be in 2019.
Not currently taking applications.
Terms and conditions
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Condition (PDF 464kb, 28p).
Jacques Nasser is an RMIT alumnus and former Chief Executive Officer of Ford USA. Jacques is a successful entrepreneur with a long career in the motor vehicle industry both in Australia and in the USA. His vision is to develop entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial cultures in Australia through financially supporting RMIT students undertaking studies in the Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship) program.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student email account. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Students not receiving an email of scholarship offer have been unsuccessful.