Jacques Nasser Rural and Regional Scholarship
If you are a full-time Bachelor of Business student who has relocated from a rural/regional area to study at RMIT, this scholarship could provide financial assistance for the duration of your program.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides $10,000 per year, for the standard duration of your program.
Number of scholarships available
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or a permanent humanitarian visa holder.
- be enrolled full-time in a Bachelor of Business program
- have relocated from a rural/regional area to study at RMIT
- have a Grade Point Average (GPA) to date of 2.5 or higher.
How to apply
Complete the online application by the close date. Partial applications will not be assessed.
Ensure that you have your supporting documentation ready to upload in order to complete your application.
Applications without supporting documentation will not be considered.
You will need:
- Proof of your rural/regional address (e.g. a copy of your driver’s licence, a bank statement, a Health Care Card)
- Proof of your Melbourne address (e.g. a copy of rental agreement, a utility bill)
- A copy of your valid Health Care Card or most recent Centrelink income statement (if applicable)
Please refer to the Supporting Documentation – financial and educational disadvantage guide which outlines what may be uploaded.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes. Once you have completed a question, you cannot go back and modify your response(s). The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online form.
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how will it assist you to achieve academic success?
- Discuss any difficult circumstances you have faced that have affected your education.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Applications now open.
Applications close 4pm, Friday 16 June 2017.
Terms and conditions
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Condition (PDF 464kb, 28p).
Jacques Nasser is an RMIT alumnus and former Chief Executive Officer of Ford USA. Jacques is a successful entrepreneur with a long career in the motor vehicle industry both in Australia and in the USA. His vision is to develop entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial cultures in Australia through financially supporting RMIT students undertaking studies in the Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship) program.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Successful candidates will be notified via their RMIT student email account by 31 August 2017. Only successful candidates will be contacted. If you have not received an offer by 31 August 2017, your application has been unsuccessful.