Vacation and Internship fair
Launch your future career and take advantage of new employment opportunities at the Vacation and Internship Fair.
Launch your career on Friday 29 July at the Vacation and Internship Fair.
Attend the Fair to chat to employers about:
- vacation work
- graduate employment
- global placements
- Work Integrated Learning (WIL).
The Vacation and Internship Fair is a great opportunity to explore future career options for all year levels, backgrounds and professional interests.
Time and date
Friday 29 July 2016
Please ensure you attend the appropriate session based on your area of study
Morning session: 10am–12.30pm
- Architecture and Design
- Fashion and Textiles
- Health and Biomedical Sciences
- Property, Construction and Project Management
- Environment, Planning and Urban Design
Afternoon session: 2–4.30pm
- Business IT and Logistics
- Economics, Finance and Marketing
- Business and Law
- Media and Communication
- Social Work and Community Services
- Justice and Legal
RMIT City campus, Storey Hall Auditorium, Building 16, level 5
Your RMIT student ID card is required for entry.
How can I prepare?
Employers receive thousands of applications for a small number of positions. You can impress potential employers at the fair through research and preparation.
To make sure you put your best foot forward at the Fair:
- Check out the list of employers attending and research those that you want to target on the day.
- Attend a Vacation and Internship Fair preparation workshop. Login to CareerHub for event details.
- Prepare and ask questions that show you have researched the organisation.
- Practise your elevator pitch and think about the best way to promote yourself.
Look over the Vacation and Internship Fair preparation quick tips (PDF 202Kb) for more advice and find out what employers are looking for in this video.
Download the free Careers Fair Plus App
Prepare for the fair by having up to the minute information about:
- which employers are participating
- floor plans to find particular employers
- tips for making the most from the fair.
For more information on how you can prepare for the Vacation and Internship fair visit the Careers Toolkit (login required).
For more careers support and information on industries and employers visit:
- CareerHub - RMIT’s employment website, accessible only to RMIT students
- Graduate Opportunities
This service is supported by your Student Services and Amenities Fee.