22 July 2015
How Far We’ve Come photographic competition
What has your experience been like living and studying in Victoria?
Study Melbourne invites all international students currently studying in Victoria to showcase their experience of living and studying in Victoria.
Study Melbourne invites you to submit a photo that shows your experience of living and studying in Victoria. To get your creative juices flowing, try thinking of an image that will help future international students connect with your personal story.
There are five categories to enter:
- International Students of Victoria - A portrait of an individual or group (must have written permission of the subjects to enter the competition and use the image) and a 50 word written summary of why you selected them.
- Culture of Victoria - Capture the lifestyle and culture of Victoria – it could be street art, food festivals, music events or a gallery exhibition.
- Beauty of Melbourne - Share your favourite parts of Melbourne – from your favourite local café to the park in your neighbourhood.
- Beauty of Victoria - Share your favourite parts of regional Victoria – from a weekend road-trip to life on campus at a regional university.
- Instagram entry - Celebrating the best photographs shared using the Study Melbourne hashtag #studymelbourne via Instagram.
The image you submit must be yours and can be any of the following:
- a portrait of an individual or group (must have written permission of the subjects to enter the competition and use the image)
- a self-portrait
- a landscape
- a still life
- black and white
- digitally altered for artistic purposes.
This competition is open to all international students currently studying in Victoria.
The winners and runners up will receive the following prizes:
- Each of the six winners will receive a one-day trip for two adults from Bunyip Tours. The winners will be able to attend Wilsons Promontory tour, Great Ocean Road tour or Phillip Island tour
- Each of the three runners-up per category will receive a $100 AUD gift card to be used in a variety of stores available Victoria wide.
- Inclusion in an exclusive exhibition as part of the Ballarat International Foto Biennale in August and September
Photos can only be submitted from Friday 17 July to Friday 31 July.
To enter and for more information, go to How Far We’ve Come photography competition.