RMIT Lurid Beauty Competition
Terms and conditions
- The promoter is RMIT University.
- Anyone directly connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Route to entry for the competition and details are as follows: Submissions are made by commenting on the relevant Facebook post with the name of an exhibiting artist in the National Gallery of Victoria’s Lurid Beauty – Australian Surrealism and its Echoes exhibition 2015-16.
- Closing date for entry will be 5pm AEST Tuesday the 8th of December 2015, after this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The prize for each winner is one double pass to the National Gallery of Victoria’s Lurid Beauty – Australian Surrealism and its Echoes exhibition (running until January 31, 2016)
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, natural disaster or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. The promoter will notify any changes to the competition to entrants as soon as possible.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The first 10 people to enter the competition successfully will win. Winners will be chosen by RMIT according to the specifications and notified via Facebook reply on Wednesday 10 December 2015.
- After notification, winners must respond to the reply email address provided within 5 hours of notification. If the winner fails to reply by the nominated date, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and its terms and conditions will be governed by Australian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
We inhabit the corrosive littoral of habit, 1940, James Gleeson