Computer lab support
On-call hardware and software access
For those times when you don’t want to haul a laptop around campus, RMIT University’s computer labs and libraries provide the solution.
There’s a range of computers and machines available for student use – with 24 hour access at some locations. The good news is that across RMIT’s Melbourne campuses, our IT service experts are on hand to ensure you get a reliable service you can count on.
The team manage computer replacements, system upgrades and application software updates – plus they’ll provide support if you need help.
So whether you’re taking advantage of one of our PCs or an Apple Mac®, we’ve got you covered for IT support.
Here’s what you get:
- support for PCs loaded with the RMIT Managed Operating Environment (MOE), and Microsoft Windows® and Office®
- support for Apple Mac® computers with an RMIT approved operating system and Microsoft Office® for Mac
- support for other RMIT owned computers with an approved Linux operating system
- support for additional standard RMIT approved software for student use
- end-of-life computer replacement
- management of system and application software upgrades.
Please note – support for non-RMIT owned devices used in library and laboratory spaces is outside the scope of this service.
If you’re an RMIT Department Manager or School Program Director, you’re going to want any new course or lab software rolled out and available for students at the start of each semester.
Providing you give us the lead time, our ITS team will gather your software requirements – then organise for the procurement, packaging, testing and deployment of all approved requests.
For information on the process and to track any request in progress, see the Software Lifecycle Google site.
Please note – any late software requests will require a six week minimum lead time to deploy.
Got problems or need help?
For wide-spread issues, we’ll respond within 15 minutes and aim to have things resolved within two hours (during our normal operating hours).
For library computers, we’ll respond within four hours and aim to have your issue resolved within one business day.