Music Licence – APRA/AMCOS/ARIA/PPCA
RMIT has a music licence with APRA/AMOCS/ARIA/PPCA that allows staff and students to use music for educational purposes and at University events.
What does the licence allow?
IMPORTANT POINT ON ONLINE USE
All music placed online must be registered, email the details of the musical work(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org to register online use.
- Music can be placed online by students or staff as part of a course of instruction, or any classroom related activity.
- Music placed online must be streamed no downloads allowed.
- Music can be emailed to RMIT students or staff.
- Music placed online must be secured behind authentication [password access only].
Sound recordings can be provided on CD, and DVD under the following circumstances:
- Recording is to be used as part of a course of instruction, or any classroom related activity,
- Recording is provided to students for analysis purposes as part of a course of instruction or classroom related activity,
- Recording is to be played as part of a university event for educational purposes.
- Recording is of a university event that has been held for educational purposes.
Video recordings can be CD, and DVD under the following circumstances:
- Video recording is of a university event that has been held for educational purposes.
- A video recording by students or staff as part of a course of instruction, or any classroom related activity and the recordings are only played at university events.
- Staff and students are able to make video recordings of university events that include music in any format for their own private and domestic purposes.
- Synchronise music with video recordings of a university event, or classroom related activity that include:
- Video recording of student analysis of musical works as part of a course of instruction or classroom related activity.
- Video recording of a university event held for educational purposes.
If you require any advice or assistance email email@example.com
Each musical work placed online, CD or DVD must contain the required notice below.