A practical placement is structured workplace learning that prepares students for the workforce. It is a component of several courses, designed to help students better understand what they have learned by putting it into practice in the workplace. students are given the opportunity to perform tasks relating to their course in an appropriate industry setting. Students enrolled in the Diploma of Business Administration, Advanced Diploma in Public Relations and the Advanced Diploma of Legal Practice undertake practical placement.
- Are undertaken as a 15 day block but may also be on a part-time basis e.g. 1 or 2 days/week or a week’s block and the remainder spread over several weeks.
- Must provide opportunities for the student to utilize and extend skills gained from their studies
- Must provide opportunity for students to meet assessment requirements
- Do not require payment to the student
- A signed Practical Placement agreement
- Adequate induction/training/supervision to perform tasks of the position by an experienced manager
- Monitor progress and liaise with the academic mentor as required
- Feedback to the student during and at the end of the placement