ATN – LATAM Research Scholarships
RMIT University and the ATN have established competitive scholarships to increase PhD research collaboration between Australia and Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru and Uruguay.
Value and duration
- Full research tuition fee scholarship for 3 years with possible extension to 3.5 years
- Stipend valued at a minimum of AUD 30,000 per year (pro-rata), for 3 years with possible extension to 3.5 years
- Contribution to relocation costs to Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) insurance
Number of scholarships available
This scholarship is for PhD or Masters by Research students only. To be considered for scholarship you must be a citizen of Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru or Uruguay.
Additionally you must hold, or be currently completing:
- A Master by research
- A Master by coursework with a significant research component graded as high distinction, or equivalent
- An Honours degree achieving first class honours
- A 4 year Bachelor degree achieving a GPA of 4, or equivalent (80% or above)
- Publications or significant research experience that could be considered equivalent
You must provide evidence of English language proficiency and meet the English language requirement of the research program before the application closing date of the scholarship round.
In addition to the above, to be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- not already hold a PhD or equivalent, if applying for a PhD
- not already hold a Master by research or equivalent, if applying for a Master by research program
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit an application for consideration of either a Masters by Research of PhD program.
Full application instructions can be viewed on the School of Graduate Research How to Apply website.
Applications are now open
- Submit your Expression of Interest by 20 January 2019
- Submit your Full Application by 31 January 2019
Terms and Conditions
As the holder of this scholarship you:
- Must commence your studies by 31 July 2019
- You are not able to defer your studies to another year. If a deferral is required, you must apply again the following year if you are unable to take up your award.
The Australian Technology Network of Universities (ATN) brings together five of the most innovative and enterprising universities in Australia and is recognised as a global leader of a new generation of universities focused on industry collaboration, real-world research with real-world impact and produce work-ready graduates to become global thinkers in business and the community.