26 April 2016
Green Talents Award
This is your chance as a young researcher in sustainable development to receive support from the Germany Federal Ministry.
Submissions are now open for you to become a Green Talent, promote your research in Germany and benefit from an exclusive network of excellent green researchers.
Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development was called into life in 2009 by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research to promote the international exchange of innovative green ideas from various fields of research. Every year, the Ministry honours 25 young researchers with the ‘Green Talents’ award, under the patronage of Minister Johanna Wanka. Since its inception, the award has recognized 157 young researchers and scientists from 46 different countries for their outstanding achievements and contributions to making their communities, countries and societies more sustainable. The award-winners are selected by a jury of renowned German experts and are granted unique access to the country’s research elite.
The competition aims to encourage the pursuit of a common goal: to develop solutions for a sustainable future.
To be eligible you must:
- be enrolled in or completion of a master’s degree programme or higher no more than three years ago
- have a proven excellent command of English
- not be a German citizen nor a resident of Germany
- have significantly above-average grades
- have a strong focus on sustainable development and an interdisciplinary approach.
The 2016 Green Talents award includes:
- an invitation to the fully funded two-week Science Forum 2016, consisting of
- a visit to leading German science and research facilities with unique insights from experts at these institutions
- individual appointments with German experts of the winner’s choice to discuss opportunities for research and cooperation
- networking opportunities at the second and largest Green Talents Alumni conference to date, to take place in Berlin on 27 and 28 October 2016
- a fully funded research stay of up to three months at an institution of the award-winner’s choice in 2017
- exclusive access to the Green Talents alumni network.
Deadline for submission is 12pm CET 24 May 2016.
For more information, go to Green Talents Award.