02 August 2016
Stay safe with Pokemon Go
Have you caught the Pokemon Go craze? This augmented reality game that enables players to use their smartphone to catch digital creatures is taking the world by storm.
To stay protected and secure when playing, here are some tips from the Chief Information Security Office:
- ensure your mobile phone operating system is up to date
- only download the official Pokemon Go app
- create a personal Google account specifically for the app (RMIT Google accounts should not be used for games)
- ensure your password is strong and secure
- review your app permissions and- turn off those you don’t need
- consider installing anti-malware software on your smartphone
- be aware of the risks involved in having your personal information tracked
- remain alert to your surroundings
- never drive while playing the game.
For more tips and information on how to stay protected, see the Cyber Security website.