10 October 2013
Preparing for Semester 1 – Get involved and be ready
ITS is running User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for Lab software from 11 November to 20 December.
This important process of testing software ordered for Semester 1 ensures it can handle required tasks in real world scenarios before it is deployed in Learning and Teaching spaces. Be sure to get involved in UAT if you’ve ordered software so you can rest assured that it is working and is set up for a successful start to the new Semester.
Now is also a good time to book labs you will need for November, December and January via timetabling. This ensures we won’t interrupt summer classes as we undertake important activities in the lead up to semester 1.
- upgrading AV systems in 140 rooms
- auditing and preparing all Learning and Teaching spaces with AV and IT
- reviewing, auditing and/or repairing all of the computer hardware and accessories in teaching spaces and labs (more than 5000 University assets)
- Audio Visual loans inventory, repairs, service and testing of all equipment
- upgrading approximately 1800 end of lease workstations in computer labs
- installing new software in all teaching spaces and student labs, with more than 150 requests
- providing information and training sessions for Academics who will use upgraded AV facilities
- servicing specialist printers across the University.
Access the Important dates Timeline. Print it to keep on our desk, or save to your screen as a reminder of the key dates.