Ms Han Lin
Vocational Business Education
+61 3 9925 1336
College of Business
Catherine Han Lin is an IT professional who teaches in the School of Vocational Business Education IT program. She is currently working on various health IT research projects and green energy projects at Epworth Healthcare and RMIT University Australia.
Catherine has worked in the Information systems and Information Technology professions for over 20 years with many well-known international companies at various positions including: System Analyst, BI/BA, ICT Manager, Database Specialist, Research Assistant, and IS/IT Lecturer. She has a Masters in Information Systems from Monash University and is progressing a PhD in Healthcare Informatics at Deakin University. Her research interests include: Information Systems and Management, Health Informatics, IS/IT in Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Catherine has written many papers for international conferences, journals, and books.
Catherine is a course coordinator, and teacher in the School of Vocational Business Education at RMIT University. She teaches in the Diploma of Information Technology.
- Project Management
Recent project work:
- Work Integrated Learning project. It is featured on RMIT newsletter on the 6th July 2015. It was also on a radio interview on the NorthWest FM in the Thursday Raffle program on the 6th August 2015.
- Catherine’s Business Faculty in Industry Program Industry research project was recognised by the PVC School of Business. It was a highlight on the “Business on Bourke Newsletter 02_2012”.
- International Database Systems on prostate cancer. Acting as the Australian core centre database specialist, Catherine manages and works with seven other core centres around the world, region in Europe, America, and Asia.
- Utilise IS/IT in Healthcare in integrating western and eastern medicine. This project is part of Catherine’s PhD research study.
Available Monday to Wednesday between 9.30am and 4.30pm by appointment only.
- PhD Information Systems Deakin University (in progress)
- Master of Business Systems Monash University 2007
- Diploma of Vocational Education of Training Victoria University 2004
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training Holmesglen Institute of TAFE 2002
- Workplace Assessment Training Certificate Holmesglen Institute of TAFE 2000
- Oracle Professional Training Certificate Oracle 2000
- Gupta SQL Professional Training Certificate Xpedite Professional Services Pty. Ltd 2000
- Train the Trainer Certificate Holmesglen Institute of TAFE 1999
- Graduate Diploma in Computing Monash University 1995
- Advanced Certificate in Computing Holmesglen Institute of TAFE 1992
- Bachelor of Art Degree GuangDong Education College in China 1987
Database Expert/Consultant, Research assistant
Produce research findings, white papers, presentations, seminars and workshops.
Create, restructure, design, upgrade, provide advices and consultations to hospital and clinical database systems.
Review and approve healthcare informatics research papers for different academic and medical journals and publishers.
2007 – 2008
University of Melbourne
Business Systems Analyst
Design, develop, evaluate, implement, and manage the SMS system;
Negotiate, assist, query, various interrelated systems and departments for problem solving; Strategy analysis, business alignment, reporting, System design and developing;
Analyse, report, compliant and align university systematic activities with governmental requirements, restrictions, guidelines, and regulations within the dynamic framework; Implement governmental framework to every units/department at the university;
Work with outsourcing company consultants in design, develop, and implement the new SMS system;
Provide analysis, suggestions, recommendations, and solutions.
Awards & achievements
- High Degree by Research (HDR) poster competition, popular vote award 2013, School of Business Information Technology and Logistics RMIT University.
- Teaching Excellence Award 2011, RMIT University.
- Brimbank City Council Award. $12,000 funding was given to the project of establishing a community badminton club by the Brimbank City Council, Victoria in January 2014. The Brimbank Starweekly newspaper reported this event on the 13th May 2014.