Managing the student experience and outcomes
The administration of student experience is a partnership between the administrative and teaching staff within schools and covers matters such as:
- Attendance records
- Management of results
- Graduation and awards
The administrative management for apprentices and trainees is done through a specific system called ATLAS – the Apprenticeship and Traineeship Logistical Administration System.
Program Managers need to review timetables and advise of adjustments required. Adjustments might be an addition of a new program or course, deletion of a course that will not be delievered or a change in expected student numbers. For initial support please email Timetabling, for further support contact your College Engagement Team located at Timetable and Venue Hire.
The Student Attendance Tracking System (SATS) is used to:
- Collect attendance information for students at the individual class level
- Confirm students’ attendance for funding purposes, and
- Track international students’ attendance.
Confirmation refers to the confirmation of student enrolment which is usually done through attendance (SATs, ATLAS) or assessment records. Student administration staff from the Academic Registrar’s Group (ARG) run regular confirmation reports. Failure to enter this information accurately may result in RMIT not receiving funding for teaching a student and/or the cancellation of a student's visa. The SATs system also ensures RMIT complies with the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act.
The Student Administration Management System (SAMS) is the overarching student database system.
In order to graduate students must have:
- Met all academic requirements for the program
- No missing results or credit transfers
- No financial debt owing to the University.
An award (testamur) is the official University certificate which confirms completion of an award course of study. Students receive a testamur upon conferral of their program.
Policies and procedures
- Enrolment: Attendance instructions
- Assessment policy
- Management of results procedure
- Guide to entering VET results via Results Processing Online [PDF, 79 KB, 6 pages]
- Managing requirements for apprentices and trainees instruction
- Vocational Education compliance instructions
- ATLAS (Apprenticeship and Traineeship Logistical Administration System)
- Student Attendance Tracking System (SATS) – user manuals, concise guides and videos
- Awards information for staff
- Graduation information for staff
- Student administration for staff
- TAFE Enrolled hours report user guide [PDF, 211 KB, 5 pages]
- Amendment to grades after publication or posting form [DOCX, 40KB, 2 pages]
- Class scheduling portfolio representatives
- Academic Registrar’s Group
- Course and Program Administration Unit of ARG
- Global Development Portfolio
- College of Business - Staff intranet
- College of Design and Social Context – Academic administration and services
- College of Science Engineering and Health – Academic services