Aboriginal Business Creation Scholarship
If you are an Aboriginal Certificate IV in New Small Business student with the drive to establish your own business, this scholarship could assist you with tuition fees, tutoring, a study allowance, and mentoring on completion of the program.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides the following:
Stipend allowance (for study costs) paid fortnightly
Up to $11,400
Tuition fees paid on your behalf for the Certificate IV in Small Business Management
Up to 30 hrs of mentoring post completion of this program
Up to $2,040
Up to $19,240
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or a permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be full-time enrolled in Certificate IV in New Small Business (BSB42615)
- demonstrate the ability to start your own business upon completion of the program
- show leadership potential
How to apply
The online application form will be provided here when applications open.
Ensure that you have your supporting documentation ready to upload in order to complete your application.
Please refer to Supporting Your Application which outlines acceptable forms of supporting documentation.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Describe the business you would like to establish after completing this program, addressing:
- An overview of your business idea
- Whether you've worked in this industry/area before
- People's reaction to your business idea
- The skills you have to make this idea work
- Where your business would be based (i.e. home; shop; office)
- The funds you have available to commence this business
- When the business will be ready to launch
- What is it about your business idea that will ensure its success in today’s market?
- Provide an outline of the market research you've undertaken for your business and the conclusions you've drawn from this research.
- Estimate your first year of income for the business.
- Describe how you have shown leadership potential in your working and/or personal life.
Applications now closed.
Application now closed.
Terms and conditions
Recipients of this scholarship:
- must remain enrolled full-time in the Certificate IV in New Small Business (BSB42615)
- are not able to change programs and keep this scholarship
- are not able to take leave or have unauthorised part-time study and keep this scholarship
- are not able to redeem any unused portion of the scholarship, including the mentoring hours as payment
- will not be eligible to receive any other scholarship from RMIT while in receipt of this scholarship.
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 464kb, 30p).
The scholarship mentoring is available upon completion of this program by qualified Vocational Education staff.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student email account.