R U OK? Day at RMIT
R U OK? Day is an annual day of action to promote mental wellbeing by encouraging open and honest conversations to stop small problems from turning into big ones.
Every year we mark R U OK? Day with events and activities across our campuses. Check back at the beginning of September to find out about ways to get involved either as a volunteer or as a participant in an event.
Being socially connected to friends, family and classmates is one of the strongest ways of measuring how good you’re feeling – that’s why RMIT supports R U OK? Day every year. R U OK? Day aims to:
- empower you to reach out to someone you care about and ask ‘are you OK?’
- show compassion and help stop little problems turning into big ones
- improve mental health and strengthen community connections
In the time it takes to have a coffee, you can start a conversation that could change a life.
- Chaplaincy offers events and workshops that explore mindfulness and spirituality.
- Academics can download this short presentation (PPT 1459kb) about RU OK to give at their lectures.
- For more information about RU OK checkout their website.
Got an idea?