Michael Efron Business Scholarship
If you are enrolled full-time in a management, human resource management or international business degree program in 2018 and can demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage, this scholarship could assist for the standard duration of your program.
Value and duration
$5000 for the standard duration of program, up to a maximum of three years.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian, Australian permanent resident or a permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be enrolling in one of the following single bachelor degrees in the School of Management
- Bachelor of Business (Management) (BP217)
- Bachelor Business (Human Resource Management) (BP276)
- Bachelor of Business (International Business) (BP253)
- be enrolling full-time in standard semester 1 and 1 2018, undertaken at the Melbourne city campus of RMIT
- be passionate and dedicated for studying and working in the industry
- have at least one year of your program left to complete
Students who demonstrate the following are highly encouraged to apply for this scholarship:
- having to move from rural or regional Victoria to Melbourne to study their program at RMIT
- being financially disadvantaged as demonstrated by having a Government tested low income benefit of having a Centrelink Health Care Card.
How to apply
Complete the online application by the close date. Multiple applications will not be considered; only your first application will be assessed.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
Ensure that you have your supporting documentation ready to upload in order to complete your application. applications without supporting documentation will not be considered.
Please refer to the Supporting Documentation - Financial and Educational Disadvantage Guide which outlines acceptable forms of supporting documentation.
You will also need:
- one letter of recommendation, preferably from an academic, dated no more than three months ago, to support the statements you have made in your application. To assist the academic, provide them with Writing a Scholarship Letter of Recommendation for a Student (PDF 156kb, 1p) for tips and guidance.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. Once you have completed a question online, you cannot go back and modify your response(s). The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how will it assist you to achieve academic success?
- Discuss any difficult circumstances you have faced that have affected your education.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Applications now open.
Applications close 11.59pm Sunday 19 November 2017. No late applications will be accepted.
Terms and conditions
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 464kb, 30p).
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Successful candidates will be notified by 31 March 2018.Only successful candidates will be contacted. If you have not received an offer email by 31 March 2018, your application has been unsuccessful.