Cross campus study RMIT Vietnam Enrolment – student instructions
These instructions are for Melbourne based students who have been approved to undertake one or more semesters of study at RMIT Vietnam.
Prior to enrolling for cross campus (exchange) studies in Vietnam you must first:
- be active in a Melbourne based RMIT program
- have applied and been accepted for cross campus studies via Global Mobility’s Mobi system.
Initial enrolment in cross campus study
Congratulations on your acceptance for cross campus studies at RMIT Vietnam!
How do I enrol for cross campus study?
- Enrol online via myRMIT for the academic year, and equivalent semester that you are undertaking cross campus study. You must complete an enrolment checklist for every year that you study.
- Enrol in the equivalent Melbourne courses to those that you will be undertaking in Vietnam.
- Arrive in Vietnam and finalise your enrolment in RMIT Vietnam’s enrolment system by the RMIT Vietnam census date; remember that you must only enrol in courses which were approved by your school in Melbourne on your study plan. Please note: you will receive instructions from RMIT Vietnam about how to access the system there.
- After the RMIT Vietnam census date, your enrolled courses will be updated automatically in the RMIT Melbourne system to match your RMIT Vietnam enrolment. Any Melbourne-based courses will be dropped. Please note that cross campus courses will have different catalogue numbers (although the same course title) from both their Vietnam and Melbourne equivalents.
The above process ensures that your enrolment is correct in both the RMIT Vietnam and Melbourne systems. This will ensure your fee arrangements, including HELP loans, are maintained and that your Vietnam studies are represented correctly on your transcript.
What about my fees?
Your fees are paid to RMIT Melbourne. Your eligibility for Commonwealth Assistance (for example, HELP loans) remains the same as if you were in Melbourne.
While you are studying in Vietnam
Changing your address
It is important that you maintain your contact details on your student record. You should ensure that you update Enrolment Online with your address once you have found permanent accommodation in Vietnam. You will need to change this back to your Melbourne address on your return.
Extending your time in Vietnam
Contact Global Mobility if you wish to extend your cross campus studies.
After you return to Melbourne
You will need to change your address back to your Melbourne address.
Once you have completed your cross campus studies in Vietnam your transcript will seamlessly state your Vietnam courses and their grades and will have a note stating your completion of a mobility activity at RMIT Vietnam. Cross campus courses will count towards your GPA.
If you have any concerns about your cross-campus enrolment please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need help with cross campus study?