Air Pilots Scholarship
If you are in your second or third year of a Bachelor of Applied Science (Aviation) program and are intent on becoming a commercial pilot, this scholarship could provide assistance with your studies.
Applications now open.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides $3000 as a one-off payment.
Number of scholarships available
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be enrolled full-time in your second or third year in one of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Aviation) (BP070)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Aviation)/Bachelor of Business (Management) (BP284)
- have completed no less than 96 credit points (for second year students) and no less than 192 credit points (for third year students)
- be a student pilot, completing either a licence or endorsement prior to flying commercially
- be able to demonstrate intent to continue commercial pilot training and have consistently demonstrated the highest qualities of airpersonship, leadership and respect for peers
Note: Selection is based on meeting the eligibility criteria, any financial hardship you may be experiencing, and your academic performance.
How to apply
Complete the online application form by the close date.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
Depending on your circumstances, you will need to provide different types of evidence and material to support your scholarship application. Applications without supporting documents will not be considered.
Please visit Supporting Your Application for more information.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. Once you have completed a question online, you cannot go back and modify your response(s). The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Describe your academic performance and any relevant industry experience; in particular discuss any achievements or significant results?
- Describe your engagement and commitment to community participation, i.e. volunteering, club memberships, industry activities.
- Provide an example of when you have demonstrated leadership potential in your working and/or personal life.
- Discuss your personal attributes, i.e. persistence, assertiveness, communication, respect for peers, teamwork, organisation, decision-making.
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how it will assist you to achieve academic success?
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Applications now open.
Applications close 11:59pm sunday 29 April 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
Terms and conditions
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 450kb, 26p)
The Australian Federation of Air Pilots (AFAP) is a professional association and industrial organisation representing commercial pilots in Australia. Australian Federation of Air Pilots representation covers pilot members in industrial, technical and operational matters in the Australian commercial aviation industry.
The Australian Air Pilots Mutual Benefit Fund (entity name Austair Pilots Pty Ltd) (MBF) is Australia’s premier provider of loss of licence protection for commercial pilots. The Australian Air Pilots Mutual Benefit Fund provides financial support to pilots and their families throughout the most difficult time in their careers.
The Federation and the Australian Air Pilots Mutual Benefit Fund have a proud history of supporting aviation education through a university scholarship program in co-operation with a number of academic aviation institutions in Australia. Together AFAP and MBF would like to extend this program to RMIT, by offering scholarships to assist aviation students in their pursuit of becoming a professional pilot.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via email to the RMIT student account.
Ready to Apply?