26 November 2012
Staff home drives relocation continuing this Friday 30 November
From 8pm Friday 30 November, work will be undertaken to relocate all staff home drives to new infrastructure.
This will deliver more reliable hardware, and provide faster and better access. Due to the large amount of data that requires relocating, this work will be undertaken each night between 8 pm and 7 am, over the next three weeks. In support of this work, all staff will need to log off their computer before going home each night, beginning this Friday 30 November, until 21 December. This will ensure any unsaved changes you have made to documents will not be lost when your computer automatically logs off for the relocation. Please note that you will continue to have access to your home drive during this period, but we recommend you save anything you are working on after hours to an alternate location e.g. Google Drive to ensure any changes to your files are retained. Please also note the following:
- If you have created a shortcut to your H drive, you may need to re-create this after the relocation but you will be advised if you need to
- This work will be done between 8 pm and 7 am each night, therefore computers must be switched off during this time.
- GroupWise archive folders stored in your H drive will NOT be moved. These have already been moved by the Google Apps@RMIT project.
- Delete any data from your H drive that you no longer require
- You will be advised by email when your home drive has been relocated.
If you have any queries, please contact the IT Service Desk.
[Source: Kay Shafi-Roden, ITS]